Wednesday, February 8, 2012

JH #2

Author's note: Sometimes inspiration just doesn't come. I can't just say, "Yeah, I'm gonna go write now." Who can, really? The moment of inspiration for this piece was actually just now as I walked around reading through your coding. One in particular did a really nice job of picking out key words and connecting them together in a big web, which kind of reminded me of a found poem. So that's what I feel like doing. I think I'll just type a big list of words first, then try to rearrange in a meaningful way - and hopefully something completely different than JH, just to shake things up a bit...

somehow loveable
eminently human
like ivy
chief jewel
veiled
sinister
thrust forward
sordid negligence
blistered and distained
black winter morning
black, sneering coolness
enslaved
digging
labyrinths
melted before his eyes
without bowels of mercy
a spirit of enduring hatred
even in his dreams it had no face
frost in the air
reflection
defiance
the other snarled aloud into a savage laugh
decayed
black secrets
would be like sunshine
If I could make the choice
fog
lit by the full moon
great flame of anger
fury
embattled
a haggard shaft of daylight would glance in between the swirling wreaths
the fog slept on the wing above the drowned city
lamps glimmered like carbuncles
unearthed
go my own dark way
change pointed to madness
dead
abject terror and despair

more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment